Area 1 (‘Economy’): Improve the productivity, resilience and competitiveness of European Animal Production
Strong interest in all 3 topics (AREA 1, AREA 2 and AREA 3).
We are looking for partners to be involved in a project aimed at using agricultural by-products characterized by a high antioxidant power or other potential application in critical phases of different animals species in livestock.
The project will focus on both monogastric and ruminant species. In vitro and in vivo studies will be performed.
Each Unit should be able to provide a sociological evaluation and the LCA analyses
The scientific staff of the Research Unit whithin University of Perugia - Department of Veterinary Medicine is experienced on:
• feeding behaviour of monogastric animals and ruminants;
• sustainable production in both intensive and range conditions;
• nutrition and fibre production;
• genetically modified organisms in animal nutrition;
• inclusion of phytogenic feed additives in feed
• animal products analyses – quality, oxidative status, consumer preferences, panel test
We have multidisciplinary competences and expertise in managing complex research projects